There were so many great photos from our weekend, I couldn't choose which ones to add to the blog, so I chose one and the rest can be found here.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
First Trip to Virginia
Libby and I braved it and made a solo trip to Virginia to see my family up there last weekend. It was exhausting (for both of us!) but we had a great time! I'm so glad we were able to see all the people that we were able to see. We arrived on Thursday and spent the afternoon/evening with my dad's side of the family. Libby had some second cousins and great aunts to meet and they enjoyed holding her. I enjoyed catching up with everyone. On Friday, my mom arrived at Holly's house and I was already there with Libby to spend the remainder of the weekend. My mom's side of the family hadn't seen Libby since she was born, so they were very excited to see her and spend time with her. Madi and McKenzie spent lots of time holding Libby and McKenzie especially enjoyed singing and dancing in front of Libby to entertain her. Libby spent quite a bit of time just staring at McKenzie and smiling at her. Holly had some friends and neighbors over on Friday night and on Saturday we went to Reston Town Center to do some shopping. Libby, as usual, was on her best shopping behavior and slept in the stroller the whole time. I really enjoyed seeing my grandpa spend time with Libby. Even with his health deteriorating, it was obvious that he enjoyed her; a few times, we caught him just sitting and smiling and waving at her. Libby and I drove back home on Sunday, and she did well in the car, although I was glad to finally be home. Tom didn't miss us too much; he had a nice, relaxing weekend at home with the dogs and even stayed over at a friend's house on Friday after his baseball game. He got a summer job at the local marina moving boats, and he had to go in for some training on Saturday, so it worked out well that Libby and I were off on our girls' weekend. While the drive to/from Virginia isn't the best, its well worth it for both Libby and I to spend time with family there, so we're looking forward to doing it again soon!

There were so many great photos from our weekend, I couldn't choose which ones to add to the blog, so I chose one and the rest can be found here.
There were so many great photos from our weekend, I couldn't choose which ones to add to the blog, so I chose one and the rest can be found here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sweeet of you to choose this picture. I know deep down inside he loves her very much.
ReplyDelete