We had a former co-worker of mine come take some photos for us on Saturday and they (especially the ones of Libby) turned out great! It was so generous of her to do them for us at no cost. Good photography like that can be hundreds of dollars, so we are really lucky! Of course, I had to go out and buy new frames to display some of the pictures on our wall, so the whole experience wasn't totally free, but pictures of Libby are one thing I consider to be kind of priceless, so I didn't mind too much. (Tom might be another story, though).

Libby is doing well. She had been really congested and waking up in the middle of the night because of it, so I took her to the doctor on Tuesday, where they said she may have a mild allergy to the dogs (since the congestion was really only happening over night, when she is in our bedroom with the dogs). They said we do NOT have the get rid of the dogs (emotional breakdown on my part = avoided) but they suggested we move Libby to her room and they put her on antibiotics to get rid of the infection that the allergy seemed to have caused. I was ready to move her to her room that night, and I assumed Tom would be on board, but he surprised me by saying, "I think we should just keep her in our room a little longer." What?! He's sound asleep before he's even halfway up the stairs to bed...I could put Libby in the garage for the night and he wouldn't know the difference! Apparently, though, he's kind of attached to that little girl and wasn't ready for her to be in her room yet. However, he just needed a little time for the idea to sink in because here we are 2 days later, and she is sleeping in her crib for the first night. I'm looking forward to getting a full night's sleep without waking up every time she wiggles a toe. I am NOT looking forward to pulling myself out of bed and stumbling into her room when she cries to be fed at 4:30 a.m. Anyone who knows me and has seen me in the wee hours of the morning knows this cannot end well for anyone, so let's hope she starts sleeping a longer stretch a night soon! Here are a couple recent shots of Libby during an afternoon play time:
Making progress in pushing ourselves up from our tummy. This would be going a lot better if she didn't hate tummy time so much.
This is why playtime on the floor has to be closely supervised. I swear I did not set this shot up; Scarlet truly thinks we adopted Libby from a shelter to be her new playmate.
No comments:
Post a Comment