Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Months Old!

We are officially two months old (nine weeks today, though). Libby had her two month checkup today and did great. She weighs 10 pounds, 4 ounces, which is the 25th-50th percentile. She is in the 90th percentile for length though, so she is a long baby like her daddy was! Tom says she must have an athletic build. If that's the case, I guess she's not as much like me as we thought. She had to get two shots at her appointment today, one in each thigh. She screamed her head off, and I almost lost it myself. She spent the rest of the day sleeping off the trauma of her doctor visit and fussing when she wasn't sleeping. All in all, it wasn't really a fun day for anyone.

We are trying to stick to a bit of a schedule, but mostly let Libby dictate when things happen. She sleeps in 4-5 hour stretched at night, but occasionally, I get a 6 or even 7 hour stretch! We have started putting her to bed (still in our room) and its worked out well. We're trying to get in the swing of a bedtime routine and will probably move her into her crib next month (yikes!). She is still smiling like crazy, which is so fun for us!


I went out with girlfriends on Saturday night and left Libby with Tom for the evening. They both did great! Tom enjoyed some uninterrupted video game time, and Libby got to bond with her daddy. I called to check in several times, of course, but Tom had it all under control. He even bathed her and read "Goodnight Moon" to her twice!

Other than my night out, our weekend was pretty quiet. We went to my old school on Friday for a benefit dinner for a former co-worker whose husband has lymphoma. There were babies everywhere--two of my former co-workers are due this month and three babies have been born in the past year. Must have been something in the water :) The weather was beautiful this weekend, so we spent lots of time outside.

Baseball games start this week, so Libby and I will be heading out to Catawba County to cheer on Maiden soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment