Monday, February 7, 2011

Aunt Mary and Chad Come to Visit

We enjoyed a weekend with Mary and Chad this past week. They arrived on Thursday and stayed with us until Sunday. We went shopping on Friday and on Saturday and went out to eat and then met up with some of my college friends on Saturday night for drinks. We had a great time. Mary helped me find some clothes that fit my not pregnant self, which I was in desperate need of. Libby did great on all of our outings--I'm pretty sure she's a natural born shopper. While out at the bar, she was in her carseat, which was positioned under some bright overhead lights. I covered her with a blanket to keep the light out of her eyes, hoping she would fall asleep. Soon enough, she was fussing like crazy and I couldn't imagine why until I pulled back the blanket and realized that between the bright light and the heavy blanket, my poor baby was sweating like crazy. Her hair was all wet and stuck to her forehead. Whoops, my bad!


When not entertaining guests, we (Libby and I) have been busy running errands, keeping the house clean (sometimes), and trying to plan outings (lunch with my old coworkers and play group dates). I have enjoyed the play group that we have been occasionally attending. You don't have to commit to anything definite--you just check the online calendar of events and go to whichever things interest you. They plan everything from play groups in people's homes to family nights out to trips to Discovery Place. I have been trying to go to at least one event a week and have enjoyed it so far.

Libby is 6 weeks today--hard to believe that if I had returned to work, I would have been dropping her off at day care today. It makes me glad I decided to stay home for a while! She is doing well and we are loving learning more about her every day. She has grown quite a bit (weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces at her one month checkup) and is now growing out of the size newborn clothes. She is kind of between sizes right now--some of the 0-3 month clothes are too big on her still, but I imagine they will fit perfectly in a week or two. She is more alert during the day and stays awake for longer periods of time. She usually has a fussy period in the evening, which can get exhausting, but all things considered we are really very lucky with how easy she is. She loves to be held, though, which makes it tough to get things accomplished. She is holding her head up more and is doing better at keeping it steady. We can't wait to see what will come next!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend with Mary & Chad.
    I'm so happy you're home to enjoy your baby --- I'm sure you see new things nearly every day. Enjoy!! Love seeing the pictures!! She is so precious!!!!!
    I'm so anxious to see her again! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete