Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tom's Guest Post

For some unknown reason that I'm still trying to figure out, Tom decided that he wanted to try his hand at blogging, so over the weekend, he started what became a 3-day project of writing the most recent blog post. Its been a while since we posted--just as we started to settle down from the craziness of Christmas, we were back on the road again, traveling to Virginia on our 3-day MLK weekend to see my grandparents, aunts and cousins who we didn't get to see over the holidays. It was a good visit, outside of me coming down with a 24-hour bug on Saturday and the fact that Libby was crabby all weekend and had no desire to visit with anyone. We got to visit my grandpa and Great Nana, though, which was extra special. We're glad to be back and to stay put for a while now!

As far as this past weekend goes, I'll let Tom take it from here. (As a disclaimer, I haven't proofread or edited any of this--here's hoping for the best!)

Break from traveling

We were glad to have a weekend where we didn’t have to unpack from one trip and start packing for another. On Friday we went to a Maiden basketball game; which we decided to go to because Libby has been recognizing a basketball in books and enjoys seeing it on TV. Even though Maiden lost, the game was fun because there were other coaches and their kids. After the game we decided to go to Cookout which reminded us of football season because it’s usually what we did after those games. On Saturday I officiated in the morning until about lunch time. Afterward we participated in a unique frugal activity...donating blood for movie tickets. Sarah had an appointment scheduled already but was able to convince me to join so that we could both go to the movies. So we went to the blood drive with us taking shifts donating and watching Libby. Luckily the blood drive was at Birkdale Village where we were able to entertain Libby by going to stores. However the blood donation process took longer than expected and Libby didn’t enjoy that. Even though it was a longer process than expected we are happy to know that we can go to the movies for free. After we both donated Libby took a nap in the car while we drove to Aldi. Saturday night Sarah had plans to watch a Lifetime premiere movie about Drew Peterson. She loves Lifetime movies especially when they are about real life events. On Sunday I took Libby to Discovery Place while Sarah went to Target (obsessed). Libby had a great time playing with the farm animals especially the cow as she can’t stop saying “Moo”. For the rest of the day I enjoyed the best day of football each year. I prefer the AFC and NFC Championship game over the Super Bowl because you get to watch two great games without all the nonsense of long commercial breaks and halftime shows. Sarah made an outstanding Pot Roast for dinner which is yet more proof that she is a better cook than she gives herself credit for. I hope you all enjoyed my guest post and I look forward to doing this again soon as I enjoyed doing this.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Tom! I've been checking the blog everyday for news..... I need my Libby fix! And I did enjoy reading Tom and Libby's adventures....sounded like you had a good time. So happy you were here for the weekend....It was so thoughtful of you. I'm just sorry Sarah was sick.
    One thing is missing from this blog though -----WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF LIBBY?????

    ReplyDelete