Monday, October 4, 2010

Tom's Family Visits

Tom's parents came to visit this past weekend and we had a busy few days! They arrived on Thursday afternoon and I drove with them up to Maiden for the JV game. Maiden won, which was great! Tom's parents really enjoyed seeing him out there on the field calling the plays. On Friday, Tom and I both headed off to work while his parents hit up Ikea (to restock on ligonberry juice, I kid you not). I got home just in time to finish up some work e-mails, change my clothes and head out the door for the varsity game in West Caldwell. We picked up Tom at Maiden on the way, since West Caldwell was an hour and a half from our house. The game started off close, but Maiden gained a good lead in the second quarter and ended up winning 40-7. We were so glad Tom's parents got to see not one but two Blue Devil wins!
On Saturday, we broke Gordy's heart a little by informing him we would not be sitting at home watching the Ohio State game. Instead, we had made plans to go to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens here in Charlotte. We had heard they were pretty good and had been wanting to go, and we figured Tom's parents would appreciate it, so off we went. It was a beautiful day, which made the gardens that much more enjoyable. We all were pretty impressed--Gordy even said he wanted to come back! That evening, we made fajitas at home and watched college football until Gordy and Bev passed out on the couch.


They left early Sunday morning, so Tom and I tackled the project of fixing our garage door keypad, which had spontaneously decided to stop working. We were really proud of ourselves when we figured out how to fix it without having to buy a new keypad. We even reset the code so that the previous owners can't waltz back in here like they still own the place. Tom's friend Matt came over to watch the Browns while I ran some errands, hoping to find some clothes that fit me. It was a good afternoon for Tom (the Browns finally won) but a not so good afternoon for me (I am turning into my mother apparently, because I went shopping for 3 hours and came home with a candle). I am o-v-e-r this pregnancy thing, especially when it comes to clothes! Only 3 more months, though! He/she will be here before we know it and I can finally wear jeans that I don't have to pull up every 3 seconds--hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment