Monday, October 5, 2009

Pictures...Finally!

Okay, so I had to change the entire host site for this in order to add pictures, but don't worry, because they are finally here! Hopefully this will make it easier for me to add pictures on a regular basis.

Tom was home sick today, and since I'm on my cooking kick, I made chicken and dumpling stew. It was pretty delicious, actually. The hardest part was cooking and then pulling apart all that chicken, and we didn't eat until like 8:45 because it took me so long. Tom was a good sport and acted like he wasn't even that hungry anyways. The best part of the recipe is that for the dumplings, you just take refrigerated biscuit dough, break it apart and drop it into the pot and let it cook for like 5 minutes. Good news is that Tom is feeling better, so I guess its not Swine Flu.

Bauer has apparently just taken note of the fact that our foster dog, Dallas is in heat, and Tom texted me while I was at work today to let me know that Bauer needs sex therapy. I have to be careful when we let them out back because I'm afraid the kids next door will get an unsolicited sex ed lesson. Also, Tom asked me today when Dallas is going to "lose her udders." I explained that she is not a cow, so does not have udders in the first place.

Okay, as promised...pictures. Warning--there are quite a few, I'll scale back in the future : )

The front of the house. Tom's dad did an awesome job on the landscaping!

The new dining room table (off of Craig's List)


The kitchen wall. We have since gotten black chairs for the table, which look really good, and moved the bar stools to the island. Ignore my teaching mess on the floor.

Master bedroom with the curtains hung

The sports room...note my nice surprise of the flat screen variety

That's Tom's backside, front and center, coaching the LKN football team to their first victory!

The post-game victory huddle

The foster dog, Dallas, who is a Sharpei/Pitt mix...she has barely any hair on her legs because of the situation she was in, but it is all slowly coming back in and she already looks muh better than when she came to us!

2 comments:

  1. Super pictures!!! The house looks gorgeous as I expected it to look! You're so talented. There were definitely NOT too many pictures - love seeing them and look forward to more. I'm sure you did a great job of nursing Tom back to health with your chicken and dumplings. (sounds good). I have a very old recipe for pumpkin bread that I've made for years if you're not happy with ones that you've got. It's really such a shame about what's happened in the teaching profession. Fantastic teachers will be lost due to outside interference. Standards need to be met - but they could be met without stiffling (spelling?) creativity, etc. OK - off the soapbox now! Anyway - enjoying the "blog" VERY much. Am a bit intimidated as to what to do with it..I don't want to lose it..what do I do with it? Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh -----I think I did it!!!!!!! And I'm so computer impaired!!!

    ReplyDelete