Monday, October 19, 2009

An Eventful Week

Okay, so I'm already slacking on writing, I know. But I finally took a few minutes to sit down and write AND I have pictures, so that should make up for it. We had a busy week last week. Here's a rundown:

On Monday, we ran to Target for about 45 minutes. Came home, and foster dog Dallas had eaten about 1 1/2 pounds of trail mix, chocolate included. After much debate, we decided (with vet advice) to induce vomiting just to be safe. Had to give dog hydrogen peroxide every ten minutes until she threw up. So fun. Then, on Wednesday, we came home to find the following:


Yes, that is our trash can laying on its side. And yes, that is our trash dispersed nicely throughout the kitchen. Tom was so happy to see this at 11:30 at night. Either raccoons broke in while we were gone, or sweet little Dallas just wanted to finish off the trail mix that was in there. It IS good trail mix, I don't really blame her.

The trash can incident occurred on Wednesday, while we were at the O.A.R. concert downtown. We went to this new venue called the Music Factory, which was really neat. It is an amplitheater style but it is really small, which is nice, because even from the lawn seats, you feel close to the stage. It was raining and cold, which was a bummer, but it turned out to be a good thing, because there was low turnout, so the and invited everyone down to the seats. We only had lawn tickets, so we got to move up to the "expensive" seats. We had a good time and I felt like such a badass because I WENT OUT ON A SCHOOL NIGHT!!!


Then, we made a sort of last minute decision to drive to Ohio for Tom's sister's 21st birthday. It was quite a trek, but I'm glad we made the drive because she was super surprised. Tom's parents were in town for her birthday too, so we got to see them as well. We went out to dinner and then to the bars and had a really good time. Then, on Saturday, we decided to drive halfway back to Charlotte, which just so happens to be good ol' Athens. AND it was homecoming weekend, so Tom got to see a few old college friends and I got to spend some time with Mary and Leah.


Tom's mom bought Bauer a new toy for us to bring back to him Hmm, I wonder which of our moms will be the grandma that spoils our kids one day... (If you are having trouble answering that question, let me remind you that my mom is the mom who thought a good care package consisted of old gloves, a used magazine and Kleenex while I was in college). Regardless, I felt obligated to document Bauer's obsession with this new toy.


We turned Dallas over to the shelter before we left for Ohio, because they thought she was ready for adoption, but because of some ridiculous politics, I got an e-mail this morning asking if we would be willing to take her back in because the shelter couldn't keep her and was planning on putting her down. So, of course I raced to the shelter after work to get her, so she's back with us indefinitely. If anyone wants a Sharpei mix, I will gladly share mine!

So after a busy week, we are back home. I apparently can't drink like I used to because I came back from the weekend with an awful cold, so I'm fighting that right now. Tom made the ultimate sacrifice by turning down plans to grill out at Drew's and watch Monday Night Football in favor of making me baked oatmeal and doing laundry. I don't feel that bad though, because the man loves laundry. Seriously. Here's hoping for a quiet, restful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment