I can definitely tell that summer is over. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that school has started or a change in weather (because it is, in fact, still in the 70's here in NC--take that, Mom and Dad). The number one giveaway that fall is here is the fact that I am surrounded by football. It is on my TV, on the car radio, it is what I do on Friday nights, it is all my husband thinks about or talks about. Forget trying to watch any of my high-quality Lifetime movies on a Saturday...no, no, I have left the single life behind and now find myself wondering which mascot head Lee Corso will wear on College Game Day this week.
I went to Tom's team's last home game of the season last night. Unfortunately, it appears their one game winning streak is over. I got a lot of schoolwork done during the game, though, so there is a bright side. He was pretty frustrated over the loss, because he said he's tired of his players not giving it their all. He was able to pull it together enough to take me to our traditional post-game dinner (Brixx), so I was happy. We were going to try to go to this local corn maze (festive, I know), but were running late, so we settled for a HomeGoods trip and a Target trip instead. We got a few clothes items, and then got 9 awesome picture frames for the photo collage thing I'm going to do in the dining room. I got new placemats for the table at Target and Tom bought a Coors doormat that was on sale for two dollars. It looks lovely in his sports room.
My next project is going to be deciding what to do above the kitchen cabinets because I need to put some stuff up there-- any ideas? I might look online today for some inspiration. We really want to put granite or even Corian in the kitchen as soon as we can because we hate our coutertops and plus, its a good investment for re-sale.
I would say maybe I can talk Tom into a Lowe's trip today but its a Saturday and its football season. All I can hope for is that ESPN will air a few granite commericals here and there today.
I know someone who bought the granite for their kitchen at an auction which she heard about on Craig's List. You may want to see if there's something like that near you.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget after football season, there's basketball, then baseball. It never ends :)
Consider yourself one of a trillion lucky women who realized the unknown benefit of marriage - you become a sports junkie
ReplyDeleteI remember your mother saying a long time ago that sports wasn't her thing. But, look at her now. I guess it can rub off on you or at least you might as well let it rub off on you if you want to have a happy marriage! Thank goodness Grandad only likes to watch certain sports and certain teams so I never had to really get into sports.
ReplyDelete