Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Most Important Things are Not Always the Most Exciting Things

First off, props to Grandma for being the first to learn how to use the "comment" feature to respond to my posts. I'm glad that people are enjoying reading-- I'm actually finding that I'm very much enjoying writing and I actually look forward to it. Tonight, we went over to our friend Drew's new house in Concord. It's a beautiful house in a beautiful neighborhood. I definitely would love to live out in that area down the road. Its a little quieter and more "removed" from all the things that we wanted to be close to when we bought our house. I love our location now, but I imagine that at some point, we won't see proximity to bars as a selling point :)

Tom is feeling much better-- guess it was just a 24 hour thing, which is good because I'm pretty sure his insurance does not cover much.

Not too much else going on right now...trying to avoid talking about work outside of work because 1) it usually puts me in a bad mood and 2) I really need to learn to leave as much of my work as possible at work-- and that includes talking about work! Last year, when it was just Bauer and I here in Charlotte, I could devote every minute to school if I wanted to, but being married and having the house has made me realize that I need/want to prioritize and that if I am constantly thinking/talking about work, then I'm really not giving my marriage and personal life the attention they deserve. So, the super-riveting posts about home decor updates and the like will continue until further notice :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of stalking you this morning - just read your blog and looked at ALL the wedding pictures again. Everything about your wedding day was perfect. You looked beautiful and the reception was a blast. Wish we could do it all over again!

    ReplyDelete