Yesterday was the first day of pre-k for Libby. While she is still at the same school, in the same room, with the same teachers as last year (yay, Montessori!), this year is a little different because we elected to have her attend the full day session on Tuesdays. She was so excited to eat lunch at school this year and didn't bat an eye when it was time for me to leave. She had a great day and is already excited to go back on Thursday!
As a side note, her career ambition to be "Miss America" is one that I'm a little ambivalent about. I'd like to clarify that had we taken this photo an hour or two earlier, her response probably would have been "police officer" or "lime store owner." (Yes, you read that right. What can I say? The girl's an entrepreneur.) When I finished fixing her hair on this particular day, I casually said, "Wow, you look like Miss America!" To which she asked, "Who's Miss America?" I explained that its a contest where girls wear fancy dresses, perform a talent and do an interview, and that's all the sales pitch she needed to up and change her career goals. We're working on it.
| No lie when I say that this is the absolute best I could do with the two of them. Juliet absolutely refuses to sit still and is therefore in the running for "World's Worst Photo Subject." |
No comments:
Post a Comment