We kicked off the holiday season early here, visiting Santa the week before Thanksgiving and getting our Christmas decorations out even earlier than that. Last year, I felt so rushed during December that I vowed to start everything way early this year so that I could relax and enjoy the weeks leading up to Christmas this year and so far, my plan is working out great.
We started off by going to Easton for the tree lighting and parade, both of which we missed because we didn't get there in time. However, we had promised a certain three year old that she would get to see Santa, so the only option left was waiting in line to sit on his lap. I'm sure you can imagine what the line for Santa on his opening night at Easton looked like. You know those people that you walk by in the mall and say to yourself, "Who waits in that long of a line for Santa?" Yeah, we were them. It was worth it though, because both girls did great and we got some cute pictures out of it.
We headed back to Cleveland for Thanksgiving and spent Thanksgiving day with Tom's parents, grandmother and sister. It was a relaxing day and we enjoyed catching up with everyone.
The day after Thanksgiving, we headed to my parents' house, where we did Thanksgiving dinner all over again. On Saturday, we went to the John S. Knight Center for their Christmas tree display. Santa and Mrs. Claus made an appearance too so Libby got to see the big man again. And now she's officially 2 for 2 on responding with an honest "Kind of!" when Santa asks her if she's been good this year.
![]() |
| Elsa from Frozen was there! Made the trip totally worthwhile for Libby! |
After seeing the trees, Libby asked me to take some pictures of her. I happily obliged because I never get good pictures of her these days. Apparently we didn't have the same kind of photo shoot in mind though, because every time I snapped a picture, she struck a different ridiculous pose. See below:
We walked to a restaurant for drinks afterward. Libby and Pop Pop are best buds! How cute are they?!
It was a great Thanksgiving weekend and we can't wait to see everyone again at Christmas!




Such a fun day with all of you. Had a great time !!!
ReplyDeletexoxo