Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Best I Can Do For You...

is captioned photos. I'm in the process of trying to burn our home videos from 2013 to DVD and that process involves a lot of swearing, yelling and threatening to throw our computer out the window, so I'm pretty tied up these days. But I couldn't let the holiday season kick off without addressing what we've been up to for the past month. Without further ado...

Libby (and every other girl between the ages of 3 and 13) was a Frozen chick for Halloween. Tom and I were pleased that she chose Anna (the gentler, more sympathetic character) over the grouchy snow-queen-who-needs-to-learn-a-life-lesson Elsa. Also there were far more Elsas out trick or treating than there were Annas so maybe our kid isn't a total follower.

Juliet was the lovable snowman Olaf (also from Frozen). Her costume consisted of a white sweater to which I safety pinned some black pom-poms and also white sweatpants. My grandmother painstakingly sewed Libby's costume and it pretty much looked like an exact replica of the real thing. Juliet, I'm sorry. One day, I'll make it up to you by absolutely not caring in the least when you break curfew/get your nose pierced/sneak booze from the liquor cabinet. The perks of being the second child come later.

We carved pumpkins with our friends at the local nursing home...

And then we trick or treated at the nursing home. (By the way, check out that snow cloud I made for Juliet. Its her own personal flurry!)

Libby and her peeps.

We visited Nana P. at her retirement community. We heart spending time with senior citizens, people.
How cute is she? When I look at this, I almost forget about how much she makes me want to pull my hair out some days.


Look who's sitting up these days!

First snow day of the season and Juliet's first snow ever!




I was actually able to get Juliet to stop licking the cart handle long enough to look up and smile. Would you believe me if I told you that I used to have one of those fancy schmancy cart covers to keep my children germ free but then I sold it on Craig's List (because germs build character) and probably bought a bottle of wine with the profits? Because I did.

Happy November!






1 comment:

  1. Once again, you absolutely made my day!! LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete