While I'm on this honesty kick, let me also say that I was a bit worried about how Libby would adjust to having a sibling. Being the first child, first grandchild and first great-grandchild, she had grown pretty accustomed to being the center of the universe. With me being home full time with her from day one, she got used to lots of one on one time and I was worried that Libby would totally resent the new baby once she arrived. From day one though, I couldn't have been more wrong. Libby has really transitioned seamlessly into being a big sister. She loves to come see Juliet first thing in the morning and give her hugs and kisses. She talks "baby talk" to her and does "This Little Piggy" with her. She is huge help to me by running to get pacis, burp cloths and diapers a thousand times a day. Juliet is already smiling at Libby but I'm excited to see her interact more as she gets older.
Everyone keeps commenting on how much the girls look alike. The similarities are actually pretty crazy. Sometimes I forget that Juliet is Juliet and I think she's just Libby, Part 2. (Does this make me a bad mom?!)





No comments:
Post a Comment