Height/Weight: She weighed about 11 1/2 pounds at her one month well check (which happened closer to six weeks old) and weighed 12 pounds 7 ounces at her two month well check (which happened at 10 weeks old). She is currently 23 1/4 inches long, which puts her in the 60th percentile for weight and the 74th percentile for height.
Diapers and Clothes: Size one diapers still, although we have officially entered the "blowout phase" where it feels like we're having to do whole outfit changes at least once a day (including at Great Great Nana's rehab facility, where we had to call a nurse to change the sheets on the hospital bed. True story.) 0-3 months clothes were fitting well until I pulled out the 3-6 month stuff and realized how much better that fit. Also I was getting bored with the 0-3 month stuff, so around 9 1/2 weeks old, I made the switch.
Health: No major issues to speak of. I had some concerns about possible reflux or a food intolerance so our pediatrician suggested I cut dairy out of my diet. It's been about two weeks and it's been tough, especially because I haven't noticed a huge difference yet. We've definitely seen a decrease in fussiness and spitting up though!
Sleep: By the grace of God, Juliet has decided that she would like her bedtime to be right around 8 o'clock. Which is (drumroll please...) also Libby's bedtime! I finally got comfortable leaving her in her crib in the evenings (instead of snuggling on the couch with her until Tom and I went to bed). She still sleeps in the Rock and Play next to me (and occasionally in the bed with me, I'll admit it). She was sleeping pretty consistently from 8-11ish and then again from 11:30/12-5 or so, but just last night, at 9 1/2 weeks old, she slept 11pm-9 am! Hallelujah! We're still not on a great nap schedule. We were doing the EASY schedule with Libby at this age and it worked like a charm but it's hard to keep a newborn's schedule while entertaining a three year old, so Juliet grabs cat naps here and there when she can.
Eating: Nursing about seven times a day. Usually every three hours--5 am, 8 am, 11 am, 2 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM and 11 PM.
Baby Gear Love: Still loving the Moby for sure. Also loving the SwaddleMe blankets that we never really used with Libby. Juliet sleeps so much better when she's swaddled and can even fall asleep on her own like this occasionally! The bouncy seat is her favorite place to hang out when she's not being held. Love the bath sponge we bought--it makes bathing the girls together so much easier!
Likes: Baths, the lion toy on her car seat handle, anyone making raspberry noises at her, Mommy singing "Hush Little Baby"
Dislikes: Having a dirty diaper, falling asleep on her own, being in the carseat for too long
Milestones: First smiles (they are so adorable!), first trip out of state (to Virginia--she did great and was such a trooper!)
Other Stuff to Remember: The nickname "Julie-Moo" is still going strong and occasionally gets shortened to "Mooey." I'm sure J will love that if it sticks. Juliet's schedule is so random--some nights she will sleep from 6 PM on, waking only to eat. Other nights, she will be wide awake until midnight. We finally finished the nursery (for the most part), so Juliet actually has a room of her own now.





No comments:
Post a Comment