First off, an excuse/complaint: blogging is so hard these days, people. I know that sounds ridiculously lame, but when we were in Charlotte, I was babysitting full time from our home and the laptop was right in the playroom, so it was super easy to whip up a post here and there. Now, I'm babysitting 3 days/week at my client's home and on the two days that I'm "home", I'm not actually home--I'm running errands, taking Libby to the park or library, trying to clean or catch up on laundry, etc. Add to that the fact that our laptop is now in the basement where I really only venture down to after Libby's in bed (and by that time, my brain is officially checked out for the day) and you have the recipe for a really neglected blog. I wish I could say I see this changing in the near future, but the prognosis is bleak, friends.
The good news is that lack of blogging means we are apparently busy. Libby is at that delightful age where she is either getting into something she shouldn't be/making a gigantic mess/needing my help with something/throwing a temper tantrum/all of the above. But other than that, she's totally fun. She really does crack us up on a daily basis. Just yesterday, she was looking for her play cell phone and I asked her, "Where was the last place you had it?" She looked at me with a straight face and replied, "In my hand." I'm pretty sure I also saw her roll her eyes. Touche, Libby, touche.
We have been really enjoying the nice weather and all the great outdoor space in our new neighborhood. While our townhouse is small and dated in comparison to our old house, we really love all the options for outside time here--a private patio, great sidewalks, a pond for feeding ducks and fishing, a huge open field for playing, and a pool within walking distance. When you live in Cleveland, you learn to appreciate warm weather and try to soak it all in as much as you can. Libby loves being outside and has been doing great at the pool so far!
We took her to an Akron Aeros game a few weeks ago and she loved it! The park was great for walking around yet still being able to see the game. She even got a "My First Aeros Game" ball and certificate from the owner, which she was super proud of.
We also went to "Touch a Truck" at the local library. Libby was not so thrilled with the fire truck at first but warmed up to the idea and then really enjoyed sitting in all the cars and trucks. Her favorite was the Brinks security truck which had chocolate coins in the back. She kept pointing to it and saying, "I need to go back in that one!" She wore the fire hat she got at the event for a good 48 hours afterwards, which made for some interesting looks from strangers while out in public.
No comments:
Post a Comment