I'm just going to admit it--I'm really loving Cleveland in the summer.
North Carolina was fantastic in many, many ways, but the summers were not
that great state's strong suit. It is hot there. Really hot. And humid.
And there are no cool Lake Erie breezes to soften the blow like we have
here in the good ol' O-H-I-O. So maybe its the more bearable summer
weather, or maybe its the underlying knowledge that nice weather is
short lived around here and there's always the chance I could need a
winter parka at any given moment--but whatever it is, I am totally
soaking up every bit of sunshine and warmth that the midwest throws at
me these days.
We had back-to-back wedding weekends this month, which was exhausting. We had a blast in Annapolis for my cousin Rob's wedding. The city was beautiful and it was a fun albiet short getaway. The following Friday, Tom headed to Pittsburgh for his friend Andy's wedding, while I stayed behind to tend to dogs and toddlers. By the time I met him out in Pittsburgh on Saturday for the wedding, I was burned the heck out. I had been wrangling two dogs plus Libby by myself for what was surely 27 days straight (but was in reality about 27 hours). Add to that the fact that the only person I knew at that wedding was Tom and that I spilled red wine on my dress in front of a table of strangers no more than seven minutes into dinner and you have the recipe for a really irritable wedding guest. I'll admit, I was a lousy, no-fun date (sorry, Tom), but we survived and I've learned my lesson. Next time Tom's in a wedding, I'm staying home where I can watch Lifetime movies in my sweats and spill all the red wine I want without fear of judgement, thankyouverymuch.
 |
| Libby loved waving to people in the Memorial Day parade! |
 |
| Rehearsal dinner in Annapolis |
 |
| She's (almost) on a boat! |
 |
| My cousin, Rob, and his bride, Victoria |
 |
| All the cousins |
 |
| This princess is clearly so happy about her life |
 |
| We stopped for lunch in Baltimore on the way home! |
No comments:
Post a Comment