Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Few of Her Favorite Things

I've been meaning to write this post for a few months now, but punctuality isn't really my strong suit, so here it is now. Better late than never.

Having a two year old is really quite an adventure. Some moments are fantastic. Libby is so fun now--she can hold a conversation with us, make jokes and actually engage in play with us. Other times, I'm ready to pull my hair out. Nothing makes her happy, she demands something one minute and hates it the next, and tantrums are a regular occurrence.

It's quite a ride, but I know these days will be short lived in the grand scheme of things so I try to remember to soak it all up while I can.

One of the fun things about this age is that Libby can tell us what she likes and doesn't like (and boy, does she ever make that clear sometimes). She has "favorites" and for the first time, she can tell me what those favorites are. So, for the first time in her words, here they are...

Favorite Color: Yellow ("That's my color!" she often says)
Favorite Animal: Pig or Puppy (this is a recent change from the long-loved cow)
Favorite Song: Wheels on the Bus
Favorite Movie: Cinderella
Favorite Book: "Colors"
Favorite TV Show: Sesame Street (especially Elmo)
Favorite Restaurant: Winking Lizard
Favorite Toy: Babies or Dollhouse
Favorite Place to Go: Playground
Favorite Food: Croutons
Favorite Friend: Emmy (the little girl I babysat in Charlotte...we apparently traumatized her by moving)


No comments:

Post a Comment