Monday, March 11, 2013

Showtime!

Tom's parents generously gifted Libby some birthday money for us to put towards a mommy-and-me class back in December. I soon realized that 1) mommy-and-me classes are insanely expensive (seriously--I really can't justify spending $300+ on a class, especially when my kid's current favorite toy is an empty paper towels box from Aldi) and 2) finding a location, day and time that worked with our schedule was near impossible anyway. So we decided to hang on to the money until the right opportunity presented itself.

And present itself, it did! While driving in the car one afternoon, we heard the joyous news that a critically acclaimed theatrical production was coming to town. You may of heard of it. Its called Sesame Street Live. In case you didn't know, Libby is obsessed with Sesame Street. We don't have cable anymore and we don't allow much TV time, so Sesame Street is her thing. Give her the opportunity and she'll gladly tell you every character's name, what color they are, who their best friend is and probably how they like their coffee. We just knew that this was the opportunity we had been waiting for.

On the day we bought the tickets, we couldn't wait to tell her where we would be going. She responded the way any sweet little bipolar two-year-old such as ours would have responded--"NO! I can NOT want to go see Elmo!"

Lucky for Libby, we didn't let her less-than-enthused reaction stifle our excitement. Come the day of the show, Libby had finally come around and was pretty excited herself. And when we finally arrived, I think we proved to her that all the hype was worth it. She loved it. And it was so, so awesome to watch her taking it all in. I seriously think I spent more time watching her face than the show itself.





And for anyone who might be in the market for seeing something on the big stage, we give Sesame Street Live two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment