After a weekend in Virginia, we returned home just in time to celebrate Tom's 27th birthday. And by "celebrate," I mean "do pretty much the same thing we do every other day." Tom went to work as usual and Libby and I hung out with our friend Emsley. When Tom got home, we ate dinner of his choice, went for a walk, enjoyed banana pudding for dessert, gave Libby a bath and watched TV before bed. This is 99.9% similar to all other weeknights in our house, minus the fact that Tom doesn't typically have a say in what's for dinner. Apparently turning 27 is not as exciting as one may think.
Nonetheless, I think he had a good day. Anyone who knows Tom knows that eating dinner of his choice is usually enough to please that guy. Add banana pudding to the mix and he's a really happy camper.
Libby appreciated Tom's choosing banana pudding as his birthday "cake" and decided quickly that using a fork was not effective in getting the pudding into her mouth as quickly as she needed it there. She ate a whole bowl of pudding with her hands, stopping occasionally only to rub her hands in her hair (hence the bath) and screamed at us when we finally took the bowl away from her. Chances look good that I will one day be making two banana puddings a year to celebrate birthdays in our family.
For those interested in recreating Tom's birthday meal, recipes are below:
Spicy Barbecue Whiskey Sliders
Collard Greens
Sweet Potato Fries (okay, so we only had regular seasoned fries in the freezer, so that's what he got. I'm a bad wife, what can I say?)
Banana Pudding
Happy Birthday to Tom and thanks for sharing your recipes!!
ReplyDelete