We got off to a somewhat stressful departure due to the last minute house-showing that was scheduled and then cancelled (so frustrating!) but we arrived at the race in plenty of time to spend a couple hours tailgating with friends. It was so nice to have conversations that weren't interrupted by my need to redirect a certain someone away from eating grass and to play games with other adults without having to pass out Cheerios to anyone.
As for the race itself, I wish I could tell you what happened, but Tom and I sat with our friends Jacki and Joanne and we were lucky enough to have seats next to a group of high school boys, one of whom spent the majority of the race seeking advice from us on the recent breakup he had with his girlfriend. Tom, of course, had no part in that conversation, but Jacki, Joanne and I found it really inconvenient that we had to give life advice to a lost soul over the roar of race car engines.
Unfortunately for my grandparents, traffic was a nightmare leaving the race and we didn't arrive home until after midnight. They had a 45 minute drive back to their hotel, so Tom (being the
We got to spend Sunday visiting with Nana and Granddad some ourselves, which was nice. They hit the road Monday morning and it was back to real life for us. Anyone who is reading this and thinks spending a day with Libby sounds like fun is welcome to name a day and time, and Tom and I will gladly afford you the opportunity. Just make sure you bring Cheerios.
No comments:
Post a Comment