Okay, yes, I know, football didn't cause this problem, per say, but with no knight-in-shining-armor husband to control our ant infestation, I am left to set the traps and deal with the aftermath myself. And yes, if you are wondering, "aftermath" does include keeping certain little people from eating said ant traps.
And while we are on the topic of eating, I would like to share that Libby reached another important milestone this week--her first taste of delicious and nutritious dog food! Now that she is efficient at both crawling and pulling up, she is super quick and super into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. And she was able to sneak a yummy handful of dog food into her mouth the other day while my back was turned. You would think there would be some "logical consequence" in that experience, but no, not my luck. In fact, she loved the dog food so much that she screamed like a lunatic when I took it out of her mouth.
On a brighter note, we are loving this fall weather! Last weekend, we went to the county fair (a first for both Libby and Tom). Tom wished he could taste one of those giant turkey legs and Libby wished she could taste the animals in the petting zoo. (Did I mention that we are in a "everything goes in my mouth" stage?)
This weekend, Tom is in a particularly good mood since Maiden beat their rival team last night. I took advantage of this by suggesting that we go to the park and the local apple festival today, which he happily agreed to. It was super crowded at the apple festival and we had another near-loss of Libby's bunny, but all-in-all it was a good time. Also on the agenda this weekend are cleaning, Browns game and consignment sale shopping. I plan on breaking out the Crock Pot and the fall decorations tomorrow because this weather practically demands it. And maybe, if I'm lucky, my dear husband will put an end to this ant-infestation madness so that I can rest easy this week. Maybe.
Oh my gosh I love that Libby ate dog food and loved it. (Obviously, I'm glad she's ok- I'm sure you can't get sick off of dog food- right!?) I seriously love your honesty about parenthood!
ReplyDelete