Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9 Months Old

We made a quick trip to Virginia/Maryland for Tom's friend Jason's wedding this weekend. Libby got to hang out with Aunt Holly, Madison, McKenzie and Grandma for the day, and she had a great time. I also got to visit with them on Sunday, so while it was a quick trip, we packed a lot in! One of those things we "packed in" was unfortunately NOT the wedding ceremony. Whoops. We tried our best to get there in time, we really did. But it just wasn't happening. So being the classy people we are, we pulled into the church parking lot as the ceremony was ending and followed the "good" wedding attendees to the reception, where we smiled and waved and pretended we had been there all along. The reception was nice, but we didn't stay super late since we were pretty exhausted!

On another note, Libby is officially 9 months old today! I can't believe how fast time flies. She is so much fun right now--I so wish I could freeze time. Fun thing she does at this age: crawls everywhere, chews dog toys, pulls to stand, pulls the dish towels off of the oven handle a million times a day, cuddles her bunny when she is tired, makes lots of loud noises and babbles, picks around the vegetables on her tray to get to pasta and cheese, waves bye bye to everybody she sees (whether they are coming or going). And to celebrate being 9 months old today, Libby did something big--she grew a tooth! She had been sleeping much more than usual today, and I couldn't figure out why until I was feeding her yogurt and saw a flash of white on her lower gum line...there it was! Libby's first tooth! With the second one not far behind it! She has not been fussy at all and has been totally normal except for being more tired (I'm telling you--she really is a dream child). I won't lie, it was a little tough to have her turn 9 months and get a tooth on the same day--someone is really trying to rub it in that my baby is growing up.

And finally, for those of you who are following Ant Infestation 2011, we called a pest guy today. I could. not. take. it. anymore. They were everywhere. Cross your fingers that all of our problems are solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment