We have been pretty busy the past two weekends. We made back to back trips to DC. The first was for Alyssa's confirmation. Being the model Catholic that I am, I was her sponsor, so we spent the weekend engaged in fun-filled church related activities. My parents came down to DC for the weekend as well, so I got to spend some time with them as well, which was nice. Then, on the following Thursday, I realized that Mary and Chad were going to be in DC for the weekend. I hadn't seen them since December, plus OU's basketball team had made it to the next round of the NCAA tournament, so we just HAD to make the trip to see them. Tom was thrilled, because he is a really spontaneous guy. Also, he loves packing the car. We had a great weekend, nonetheless and spent Friday night at my cousin Rob's birthday party and spent Saturday and Sunday sightseeing in DC. It just so happened that the health care vote was taking place on Sunday, so Tom and Chad made it their personal goal to (and I quote) "harass as many liberals as possible" during our trip. Mary and I tried to keep them from inciting any riots while pretending not to know them at the same time. We got back late Sunday night, but it was definitely worth it.
Mary, Chad, Tom and me in DCOn another note, I am glad to announce that I have landed a new job! I am very excited about it. I will be working in a nearby county as a parent educator-- working with low income families who have children under the age of 3, helping them to know what developmental milestones to watch for, activities to do, etc. I will have some flexibility in my hours and a bit of a pay increase, which is great. It is a 12-month job, which means I will not have a summer break, but at this point, that's what we need financially. I will get to finish out my job at CMS, and will start mid-June. Hooray! We are keeping our fingers crossed for Tom to land a job soon too!
We are planning a trip back to Ohio for spring break next week and are looking forward to seeing and spending time with family!
On a totally different topic...I couldn't find a spring wreath I liked at a price I liked, so I went to Michael's and bought some supplies and made my own wreath. I was pretty impressed with myself. Check out my skills--
No comments:
Post a Comment