Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break

We just got back from a whirlwind spring break trip in Ohio visiting family. We had a great time and loved seeing everyone. We spent the first couple days with my family and helped my parents buy new patio furniture (exciting, yes.) Easter Sunday was spent with both sets of parents (what a relief!) at Tom parents'. It was nice to have to choose one family or the other and to enjoy the holiday with everyone. Tom did some landscaping for my parents (much needed) and I spent 2 days shopping with my mom (also much needed). Apparently my mom's shopping handicap is hereditary because after the first day of shopping, the only thing we had each bought were a pair of sweatpants. We also developed an addiction to a 1000 piece puzzle Tom's mom had started and we stayed up until 1 am a few nights working on it. We may still have been there today had we not finished it the night before we left.

We got back on Thursday evening, and Holly, Maddy, McKenzie, Grandma and Grandpa came down to visit on Friday. We showed them around Huntersville and took them to Lazy 5 Ranch on Saturday (a super cool petting zoo with exotic animals). It was tons of fun. Tom and I had wanted to go for a while, but didn't want to be the creepy couple who goes to a kid's place without kids. We also went shopping in Birkdale. Tom loved his first trip into a Justice store. I think it solidified his hopes for only sons, no daughters.


We spent today working on the backyard...setting up the bar cart Holly bought us, ripping out the retaining wall in the back, hanging my hammock chair (hooray!)...we got to enjoy our Harris Teeter-bought patio set for the first time tonight after grilling out and took a post-dinner walk. You may be wondering how I had time for all of this when I should have been writing lesson plans...well, it was all possible because I start my new job tomorrow! I am excited and nervous and hoping that this is a good change for me. Tom has an interview on Tuesday. We usually keep those kind of quiet because we don't want to get our hopes up but maybe we are hoping this one will be "the one," so prayers and well-wishes are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Have been thinking about Tom all morning. Certainly hope this interview turns into an offer. Keeping fingers crossed and saying a prayer!
    Had such a great time over the weekend...Thanks so much for having us. Love to you both!!

    ReplyDelete