Diapers and Clothes: 6-9 month clothes are a stretch right now. We're still using them because we literally just got them out a couple weeks ago (and its the size I asked for for Christmas stuff) but the length is a tight fit. We could easily size up to 12 months for the length alone, but I'm pretty sure all the pants would fall right off. Diapers are size 3. We discovered this month that Pampers are terrible. Give me all the Luvs.
Health: Pretty good. No major illnesses, but this past month, you got hit hard by a bad diaper rash (pretty sure it was yeast--we're still kind of battling it) and eczema. Tom and Libby both get eczema in the winter and this guy's is the worst by far. He has it all over, and if we don't keep on top of it (I'm talking like multiple Aquaphor/Aveeno/Triple Cream applications a day), he ends up scratching himself like crazy. We've battled some digestive issues a bit over the past few months, but things seem to be getting better.
Sleep: The good news is, B has maintained status quo. The bad new is, B has maintained status quo. We're not sleeping any worse than we were around 3 months, but we're sure as heck not sleeping any better. We're in the "three naps a day" regimen, which makes it really really difficult to leave the house. Some days he naps great. Other days, I'm lucky to get forty-five minutes. Bedtime is no later than 6:30 unless we want a total meltdown. And we're up at least once before 5 am for a feeding.
Eating: We didn't start solids until after 6 months, save for one incident where (in my desperation to have a full night's sleep), we gave B some baby food. He loved it and ate a ton and actually did really well--no dribbling out of the corners of his mouth, no flopping over in the high chair. Dude was a champ. Sadly, it didn't help with the sleeping issue and then I'm lazy, so we quit solids again for a while. Nursing is good. Still eating every 3 hours.
Baby Gear Love: Froggy seat (bouncy chair--all these newfangled baby contraptions and wouldn't ya know it but I still find the old bouncy seat to be the real MVP in the infant world), pack and play (because without it, I would have to actually get up out of bed multiple times a night to deal with this guy's antics), Moby wrap, burp cloths, Angelcare baby bath seat (I've owned no less than four various baby bath apparatuses. This one is the best.) Sleep sacks.
Likes: Libby (and Juliet, but sometimes she's a little intense), snuggling, baths, laying on the playmat
Dislikes: Having your nails cut, getting in the car seat, being tired, sitting down while being held
Milestones: Two teeth at four and half months (whaaaat?!), passing an object from one hand to the other, "standing" when held upright, blowing raspberries, saying "Mmmm" and screeching, reaching for someone to be held, noticing details on objects (loves the label of my jacket), first Thanksgiving and first Christmas
Other Stuff to Remember: We've come up with a lot of nicknames for a guy with such a short first name--B-man, The B-ster, Beaurrific, Beau-man, and B-spot are our go-to's. This guy might not be sleeping great but I give him credit--when he wakes up, he's pretty darn adorable. He's in that delicious stage where just kind of yells to himself to let us know he's awake and then he has the biggest smile when he sees us and his arms and legs are flailing wildly because he's just that happy. Separation anxiety started right before six months--I'm having trouble getting a full workout in at the Y because B just cries and cries. The ladies there LOVED him for the longest time because he was so easy, but I think he's getting on their bad side now. I thought for sure my third child would be a car-sleeper (by sheer necessity) but alas, I struck out for the third time. Why, oh why, can't I have just one car-sleeper? Lucky for this guy, he is really cute and he really doesn't ask for much from us overall, so I'll let it slide.




No comments:
Post a Comment