Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas 2014

Christmas was SO FUN this year. Libby was all in on the Santa thing and definitely understood what was happening in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Having two kids instead of one for the first year really did double the fun--seeing them together was such an awesome experience and it makes me even more excited for Christmases to come! These years when our kids are little are so fleeting and special as-is, but that feeling seems magnified at the holidays. I know the years of over-the-top Christmas excitement and magic are numbered so I really tried to soak it all in this year.

For the first time since the year that I was super-pregnant with Libby, we stayed in our own house for Christmas morning. I was hesitant when we first made the plans, but I am so glad that I trusted Tom on this one. The days leading up to Christmas were so relaxed and we had so much great family time and time with friends. Having it be just the four of us on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meant that we got to start our own traditions (many of which are just slight spins on the traditions we grew up with, but still...). 

Libby was so excited to see her toys on Christmas morning. (So excited, in fact, that she woke up at 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am and 5 am, before we finally relented). Juliet was kind of in a daze, taking it all in, as expected. Big hits in the gift department were of course Snow Glow Elsa, but also a few new Disney princess Magi-Clip dolls (if you have preschool aged girls and don't own these, you're missing out) and a Magi-Clip carriage (so that the princesses can stop taking the Little People minivan to balls). 

After we finished up with gifts and breakfast, we piled into the car (thank goodness that the week before Christmas we officially joined "Team Minivan"--I have no idea how we would have fit into our Equinox!) and we headed to my parents' house. We celebrated with them for a few days before heading to Tom's parents' house to do it all again. It was so exhausting but really enjoyable. We headed home after the New Year (thanks, Mom and Dad, for babysitting so that Tom and I could actually go out on New Year's again!). 

Now that the decorations are down and the new toys are all put away on shelves and in closets, its a little bittersweet. I love the anticipation of Christmas and am a little sad that its over. 2014 was such a memorable year for us in so many ways--new house, new baby, settling into our life as a family of four. We experienced our share of heartache, loss and frustration, but I can honestly say that 2014 was one of the best years of my life. I can't remember the last time that I felt so content and at peace with where I'm at. We hope that 2015 brings us as many blessings, as many wonderful memories and as much joy as we experienced this year.

Happy New Year!

Christmas Eve

My sister and I always exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve; we're continuing the tradition here!
Running downstairs after she spotted her gifts :)


The coveted Snow Glow Elsa doll that Libby asked for!



Christmas Day at Mimi and Pop Pop's house






Celebrating Christmas a few days late with Tom's family







1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so so cute! I can't believe how fast your girls grow!

    ReplyDelete