Diapers and Clothes: Size 2 diapers, 3-6 month clothes
Health: No major changes. I ate a salad with cheese on it one night and it obviously didn't sit well with you so we're still operating under "no dairy" rules here. I've eased up a bit and added soy and hidden dairy back in but may go back to cutting it out since sleeping isn't going so well these days (see below). We started a twice daily regimen of Zantac for you to help with suspected reflux issues. You absolutely hate it and spit out the majority of the dose every time. You'll even hold it in your mouth and wait until I think you've swallowed it to spit it out. You got a little cold at the end of the month (thanks, Libby!)
Sleep: Ugh. You're killing me, kid. You still wake three times a night on average. Some days/nights you go to sleep without incident. Other days/nights, it is a huge battle. We try rocking, walking, driving, feeding, and just about everything else we can think of but sometimes nothing at all works. You usually sleep in the bouncy seat, which we've put inside your crib, and then I move you to the Rock and Play for the night so that you can be in our room (to make things easier on me). We shoot for three naps a day--you wake around 7:30, nap around 9 (typically this nap is easiest), then nap around 1 and again at 5ish. We shoot for a 7:30 bedtime and then you wake around 12, 3 and 6. Your nap lengths are super random. I really can't predict much of anything in the way of sleep for you these days. (Can you tell this sleep thing is a major thorn in my side right now?)
Eating: You eat about every four hours during the day. We haven't started solids yet and won't until six months. The pediatrician's office gave us the mother load of dairy/soy-free formula so I tried some a couple times in hopes that it would give me a break during the nights but you didn't love it.
Baby Gear Love: The bouncy seat has been a lifesaver these days. The Ergo carrier gets used all the time when we're running errands. I love, love our double stroller (Phil and Ted's E3, for any soon to be mommas of two out there--highly recommend it!).
Likes: Libby! You love your sister and watch every move she makes. You smile at her all the time. She is such a fantastic big sister to you; it is so amazing to see the relationship between you two develop. Other likes--putting things in your mouth especially fingers (your own and other peoples'), stroller rides, your Aden and Anais blankets, baths, any small toys that you can mouth.
Dislikes: Sleep. Going to sleep. Staying asleep.
Milestones: First Friday night football game (you did pretty well--you made it the whole game but only napped for about half of a quarter).
Other Stuff to Remember: Truth be told, so much of my memory of the past month is clouded by lack of sleep and the frustration I'm experiencing with the issues surrounding that, but you really are adorable and that is your saving grace. You give me a huge smile first thing every morning and I am guaranteed a laugh if I tickle you under your chin or on your collarbone. You are a very observant baby--you usually have a very focused look on your face and it's obvious that you're taking everything in. You also are obsessed with grabbing at anything and everything you can. We have to be careful while holding you because you'll reach for food, utensils, keys, and our faces! You love to "talk" to us and seem to love the sound of your own yelling. You like to be held and end up sleeping in bed with me many nights; I know that one day I will miss those cuddles.






No comments:
Post a Comment