And today is one such occasion because, you guys--we got a new computer! Not just any computer, though. We bit the bullet and upgraded to an iMac, which is completely amazing for my blogging and photo editing/storing capabilities. I have totally slacked off on blogging lately because it is such a pain. Our old laptop was literally hanging on by a thread (for real, there was like one wire hanging on in the power cord, which we had expertly duct taped together). Every time I went to use the thing, it was inevitable freeze up at least five times, the photos wouldn't load and I would end up in a miserable mood. Those days are history now, and you can all thank Cody from Columbus who was kind enough to meet us at a slightly sketchy Starbucks and sell us his barely used iMac for a song.
I'm still learning how to work this thing (no lie--I had to have Tom show me how to turn it on) but I'm pretty sure its going to open up a world of possibilities for me.
One great thing about this is that I can finally take photos from our camera and get them onto the blog. We've been doing some fun stuff this summer and I really haven't photographed much of it because I dreaded the thought of having to do something with the picture files.
So, without further ado, let me take you back to a little time I call "The Time We Went to the Fish Farm:"
Contrary to what my sister (and anyone else who has a legitimate social life) might have said about fish farms, this was actually super fun. It was a beautiful day and my moms' group was headed to Urbana to go to this fish farm. When we first got there, we went out back to see the big pools of fish. I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed at this point because, while the fish were kind of cool, I was thinking, "I didn't drive an hour here to see a swimming pool sized koi pond..." But no worries--there was so much more to see! We got to feed a bunch of fish, who would literally jump out of the water to get the food. Libby was so nervous every time they jumped because it would make a huge splash. We also got to see and hold turtles and frogs and we even got to pet some giant jurassic-looking fish. We capped off the day with a picnic lunch before heading home. I would totally go back here again!


Love the pics! Was having a down day when I decided to check on my favorite blog! What a delight to see my favorite little family. Libby always shows such excitement and joy in her pictures. Love you guys - and - thanks for making my day............Gigi
ReplyDelete