Sunday, March 23, 2014

What Could Be the Last "Baby Update" (?!?!)

How far along: 37 1/2 weeks

Size of baby: about 6 1/2 pounds, about 19 inches (winter melon-sized--or a bunch of Swiss chard, if you're like me and have no clue what a winter melon is)

Maternity clothes: If I had any fashion sense left in me, it's officially gone now. Three quarters of our clothes are packed anyway, so I just play it safe and rotate the same three outfits.

Gender: Getting super excited to find out! I'm leaning more strongly one way than the other, but I think one of my doctors may have accidentally slipped me some insider information, which may be influencing my opinion on the matter. In the past week, two different family members have said "she" when referring to the baby--Freudian slip?? Heart rate has been high 130s (could we have a lot of blue in our future?).

Movement: Yep. I'm measuring smaller now than I was before, which means the baby has dropped super low. I'm also 3 cm and 80% and have been that way for about 2 weeks now. Both doctors I've seen in the past two weeks say they don't see me making it much past 38 weeks and both have said it could be any day now. We are planning accordingly but I'm fully prepared for this kid to throw me for a loop though and show up a week late. Having tons of contractions still but not regular or strong enough to warrant any real alarm.

Sleep: Same old sob story here. I need too many pillows, I can't breathe efficiently and my legs cramp up too often. 

What I miss: Being on my "A game" for Libby. I've started to realize that our days as a family of three are numbered and my 24/7 one on one time with her is quickly coming to an end. Her life is going to totally change here soon and I'm a little sad about the end of an era. I want to soak up all the special "Mommy and Libby" and "Party of Three" time we have left as a family but it's really tough to do that when I'm huge and uncomfortable and tired.

Cravings: Nope. I've been trying to eat a few more spicy dishes in the past couple days in an attempt to get this kid to pick up the pace though. I would really prefer that labor and delivery not interfere with our move.

Best moment this week: The task in itself is not fun, but we've started packing for our new house! We also had our final walk through of the house, we trekked to Ikea to buy a couch, we got Power of Attorney in place should I be unable to attend closing and we're ready to get this show on the road!

2 comments:

  1. The wonderful mother that you are, I'm sure you'll still have lots of "Libby/Mom" times as well as lots of "baby/Mom" times in the future. You'll find you have more time than you ever thought you had....AND you'll also have Libby to "HELP" you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek I'm SO excited for you! I'll be praying for a smooth delivery and recovery!! And I can't wait to find out the gender :)

    ReplyDelete