How far along: 31 weeks (62 days to go! But who's counting?...)
Size of baby: about 3 1/3 pounds, over 16 inches (roughly coconut size, if coconuts had limbs)
Maternity clothes: This seemed like a good thing to discuss monthly when I first started these updates. Now it seems like a joke. Of course I'm wearing maternity clothes--I am roughly the size of a house! I would wear a trash bag if I could find one that was fleece-lined.
Gender: Heart rate was in the 120s a couple weeks ago and I freaked because that was a HUGE deviation from every other appointment. So naturally, I started thinking this baby is a boy. But then this week the heart rate was back up in the 150s, so now it's a toss up. Libby still tells everyone that she's having a sister. The other night, we told her the baby might be a boy, and she yelled, "but I don't want to be a big brother!" So maybe the issue for her is not so much that she cares about the gender of the baby--she just wants confirmation that she will still be a girl either way. Whoops.
Movement: Yes, but still "muffled" because of the positioning of everything. I'm skimming ahead on this little questionnaire and seeing that there is nowhere for me to address my complaints about pregnancy, so allow me to just address this one little issue here--Braxton-Hicks contractions. Ugh. Never had them with Libby, have them all the live-long day this time around. My entire abdominal area usually feels like one giant rubber band, ready to snap at any minute.
Sleep: Officially an issue. I can usually fall asleep super easily (in fact, I've been going to bed way earlier than usual these days) but I have trouble staying asleep. When Tom gets ready for work at o'dark thirty, I used to snore right through it, but now I find myself waking up as soon as his feet hit the floor and then just laying there wallowing in my misery of how I can't breathe and I need one of those slings that they move whales in to get me out of bed.
What I miss: Being not pregnant. I know, I know, I should be grateful because this is a gift and trust me, I tried to have that attitude for as long as possible, but I say the last 10 weeks of pregnancy are officially a free-for-all and you're allowed to eat what you want and sleep when you want and complain when you want. I miss being able to get Libby dressed without feeling like I ran a marathon, I miss being able to get up off the couch without feeling like I need a forklift and I miss putting on clothes in the morning and feeling like anything other than the people featured on TLC's "My 600 Pound Life."
Cravings: Cereal. Bowls and bowls of it. Usually in quick succession. (I never eat cereal typically, in case you're thinking I'm making this up.)
What I'm looking forward to: Ordering room service in the hospital. I want to stay there as long as humanly possible.
Not to make you jealous or anything - but when Holly was born I was kept in the Hospital for 5 days because Grandpa was overseas and the Dr knew I had 2 young kids at home waiting for me! Bet no one gets 5 days now - no matter what!
ReplyDelete