Monday, January 6, 2014

Pink or Blue?

Even though some people think we're nuts for not finding out this baby's gender, I have actually been totally at peace with our decision. I love thinking about what it might be like for Libby to have a brother (good Lord, what would I DO with a boy though?!)...and then I spend some time thinking about how fun it would be for her to have a sister (good Lord, what would Tom DO with two girls though?!). The anticipation is not nearly as torturous as one might think. It's actually really fun, and I am so looking forward to that moment in the delivery room where I get to hear, "It's a..."! In the meantime though, I am becoming quite the expert on pregnancy-related old wives' tales, because that's about the best chance I have at guessing this kids gender. What I've gathered so far...

Heart Rate: It was well over 140 at our last appointment. Conclusion: Girl

Cravings: Nothing major to speak of. I add salt to everything (boy) but I've been eating a lot of pineapple these days too (girl). Conclusion: Inconclusive, but if I had to choose, I'd go Boy here

How I'm Carrying: High? Low? Basketball? Watermelon? I have no idea. I do know that I am not fortunate enough to be one of those cute pregnant ladies. Sadly, I'm huge all over. Conclusion: Girl

Complexion: Holy breakouts! This kid is killing me. Conclusion: Girl

Leg Hair: Who the heck comes up with this stuff?! I would never think to check this as an indicator of my kid's gender, so I can't be sure on this, but I don't feel like Teen Wolf these days and Tom hasn't expressed any concern about my own extended version of no-shave November. Conclusion: Girl

Side I Lay On: Right. Could be because Tom is on my left and he's an irritatingly loud breather, though. Conclusion: Girl

Morning Sickness: Definitely lots of nausea on the beginning, but not as bad as when I was pregnant with Libby. Conclusion: My gut says this one is Inconclusive, but since the rule says any sickness means girl, I'll go Girl here

Face Shape: I'm going to blame my rounder, fuller face on this kid's gender and not my increased food intake. It makes me feel better that way. Conclusion: Girl

Evens and Odds: My age at conception was an even number, the year of conception was an odd number. Conclusion: Boy

Ring Test: We had Libby do this one, so there is a high likelihood of user error but it swung back  and forth one minute, round and round the next. I don't know who decided this test was a good idea in the first place. Conclusion: Inconclusive

There are about a million other insane old wives tales for gender prediction out there, but based on these more popular ones, it seems like we should start breaking out the pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment