How far along: 27 weeks
Size of baby: 2 pounds, 14 1/2 inches (about the size of an eggplant apparently)
Maternity clothes: Absolutely. And I've reached the stage where not even maternity clothes look cute anymore. I am o-v-e-r jeans that won't stay up, leggings that show every delicious "curve" of pregnancy and tugging at shirts to make sure my elastic waistband is covered.
Gender: I'm starting to lean toward girl now. The other day, I accidentally said, "When she gets here..." Heart rate was 150 at our last appointment, so still on the high side of normal. Libby will only consider the fact that the baby is a girl, no matter how much we try to prep her that she might have a brother in a few months.
Movement: Definitely feeling it now! Over Christmas, my sister Mary and cousin McKenzie were able to feel it too. Some days, it feels stronger than others depending on how the baby is positioned but Tom has felt it several times and I tried to get Libby to feel but she wasn't patient enough. She now just puts her hand on random body parts of mine and yells, "The baby is kicking me!"
Sleep: Still not a problem. I have been more congested at night so I pile the pillows up, which helps.
What I miss: Being able to carry Libby upstairs without feeling winded. I'm also reaching that stage where shoes and socks are becoming more difficult to put on, so that should be fun for the next 12 weeks or so.
Cravings: None. Don't get me wrong, I eat. A lot. But it has nothing to do with being pregnant.
What I'm looking forward to: Planning a nursery still. This has been on major hold since we're trying to figure out where we'll be living come April (our lease ends April 30th--good timing on our part, huh?) It's highly likely that this baby won't have a nursery until after he/she is born, and we're still undecided on whether we want Libby and the baby to share a room right away or wait until the baby is a bit older. Either way, I've been scoping out some cute nursery ideas and colors. I can't wait to sit on the couch and eat brownies at 40-ish weeks pregnant while I tell Tom how to bring my vision to life.
Here is an awkward 27-week selfie:


No comments:
Post a Comment