When did my kid get so old? Wasn't it just yesterday I was blogging about first steps and first words? Now, she's quickly approaching 3 (which to me has always sounded so much older than 2) and is headed off to "school."
 |
| Can you believe this was exactly two years ago? |
I use that term "school" loosely because two hours a week at a co-op "Toddler Time" program isn't really on the fast track to Harvard, but that's alright, because we actually would like her to be a Bobcat anyway. Also the fact that I was the assigned parent helper today makes it a little less like school and a little more like "Mommy and I Go to Playgroup." Regardless, she wore a backpack and sat at circle time and had snack and that's about all the schooling you need when you're two, if you ask me.
Being the parent helper of the week also means snack was my responsibility today. I drew on my early childhood knowledge of the importance of letting kids have ownership of things and asked Libby what she would like to bring for snack. I totally didn't expect her to say, "Kiwi," but she does a lot of things I don't expect (like yelling "Shiver me timbers!" on repeat from her crib at 10 p.m.as a means of letting us know she pulled her diaper off--but that's another story). So I bought 4 kiwi and carefully peeled, sliced and diced them for the eating pleasure of six 2-year-olds. It was about that time that Libby informed me that she "doesn't eat kiwi." Good thing we also made muffins and bought oranges I guess.
 |
| Making banana muffins for her new friends. |
 |
| She LOVES helping in the kitchen! She usually ends up bossing me around, saying, "Okay, here's what we do..." |
All in all, she did great on her first day. I was glad I ended up being there to see how the day went and meet her new friends. She looked at me a couple times while doing Play-Doh and said, "I'm having fun!" which is definitely a good sign. And when we left, she yelled to her teacher, "I'm so glad you came to my school today, Miss Linda!" Also a good sign. I think we'll be back.
 |
| All ready to go! |
 |
| I wish I could say I told her to make a funny face here, but sadly, this is just her face of choice apparently. |
 |
| Hanging up her backpack. |
 |
| Again, not a funny face...Sigh... |
She is just SO precious!!!! I'm sure she'll be running the preschool soon!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness she is SO stinkin' cute. And I just told Dan the story about "shiver me timbers" and we seriously couldn't stop laughing. I really hope Jake says things like that some day ha
ReplyDeleteThe County Fair looks like it was a lot of fun!! She has such a fun mom and dad................she's a very lucky little girl!
ReplyDelete