Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's a Dog's Life

I know, I know, I post a lot of pictures of Libby with the dogs. But let me just explain that the sheer joy I get out of seeing how much my baby loves our dogs and visa-versa is not something I can help. That dog-obsessed thing? Yeah, its in my blood. Us Panaggios have a reputation for treating our dogs like children (fortunately, we do not also have a reputation for treating our children like dogs).

I'm pretty sure this could be one of my ancestors.

So when Libby came along, I was a little afraid of how the new pecking order would affect my two four-legged children. If Libby didn't like them so much, or they didn't tolerate her, well then, that would have caused some serious stress in my life (and as Tom often reminds me, I'm always "stressed out" about something).
I'm pretty sure this is how Tom sees me 99% of the time.

Lucky for me (and Bauer and Scarlet), Libby adores the dogs. So much so that she gets visibly and audibly excited over seeing them when she wakes up in the morning. And while they were a bit indifferent about her at first (okay, that's a lie--Bauer was indifferent, Scarlet was smitten from Day 1), they are loving her more and more, especially now that they have discovered that her tendency to drop food from her high chair can benefit them. So, when moments like this happen, I really just can't help myself:


Maybe Libby really has the Panaggio gene, maybe not. But for now, I'm totally thankful that she loves her furry "siblings."


P.S. Like the added "illustrations" on today's post? I was inspired by
this blogger and fellow Hudson High grad. Her blog is a great read!

1 comment:

  1. I was JUST thinking over lunch that it's been a long time since I posted pictures of our "baby," who's really a dog. Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete