The Outer Banks was wonderful and a great break from "real life." We are so grateful to my parents, aunt/uncle and grandparents for making the trip possible for us. We had plenty of extra hands to help with Libby, which was awesome. Libby loved the pool at our beach house and would hang out in there forever, even if she was tired or hungry. She wasn't as fond of the beach as we had hoped, although it did grow on her after a few days. The water was pretty cold for her, so I can't blame her for not loving it. She was content to sit in her little wading pool, which we filled with ocean water and put under a big umbrella.

We had a great time playing Minute to Win It as a family. Some of us were pretty competitive, but Tom and my mom ended up winning it all (shocking, I know).


Other than walking to the beach, hanging out in the pool and playing Minute to Win It, we enjoyed going crabbing, eating delicious dinners, drinking lots of beer/wine/whipped cream vodka and just relaxing. Tom and I attended the wedding of two of Tom's co-workers, which was in Hatteras on the last night of our vacation. It was a small wedding at a beach house but it was so pretty and we were glad we could be there to be part of it.



After returning home, I started my new job watching a 1-year-old little girl (which is going well, but wearing me out! I don't know how people handle multiple little ones 24/7...) and then we packed up for a trip to Ohio to visit family and attend the wedding of one of Tom's high school friends. We visited Hudson and Strongsville briefly before driving to Dayton for the wedding. Again, we were glad we could be there to celebrate with everyone and are very happy for Tom's friend Bob and his new wife.
We're finally back in Charlotte for "good" (meaning at least 3 weeks) and are enjoying some downtime. Tom and I installed our first baby gate tonight, which was a miserable experience that I think should be used as a form of torture for prisoners of war, but other than that, things are going well. We're looking forward to a quiet week at home and spending the coming weekend "just the three of us."
No comments:
Post a Comment