We went to the pool Friday, Saturday AND Sunday and it went really well. Libby seems to love the water. We tried the lake on Saturday, but we might wait until later in the summer to go back because everyone is required to wear a life vest and the life vest for Libby was HUGE on her and she didn't look too comfortable. Plus she tried to eat it the whole time. Today, while in the pool with Libby, the whistle-happy senior citizen lifeguard told me that Libby needed to have a life vest on in the pool. I was taken aback since no one had said anything about her needing one on Friday or Saturday, but the lifeguard continued, saying, "She needs a life vest...unless you're going to hold her the whole time." I was like, "Um, yes, she's 5 months old, so I plan on holding her the whole time." Apparently he needs a refresher course on child development because he added, "Well you can hold her or she needs to be within one foot of you at all times." Seriously?! Great, because I was getting tired of holding her...Needless to say, there were smirks from a few parents in my vicinity and the lifeguard didn't bother us the rest of the afternoon.
We also went to play mini golf this weekend with Navy and Shannon, who are both moving away to go to grad school soon. Tom wore Libby in the baby carrier for most of our time on the course, and she was totally entertained by watching all the action. Tom looked ridiculous, as you can see for yourself here.
It is Tom's last week of school (except for a few teacher workdays next week). I can't believe the year is almost over. It has flown by. He is loving his summer job at the marina and will be working Tuesday, Wednesdays and one weekend day each week this summer. They are totally flexible about our vacations too, which is great!
Tomorrow we go to a baseball coaches dinner in Maiden and then I spend the rest of the week running errands like crazy before we leave for Athens on Friday for Mary's graduation!
No comments:
Post a Comment