On Saturday, Mary and Leah graduated bright and early. The ceremony was nice from what I hear, but I wouldn't know myself since Libby was miserable the whole time and I spent all of graduation standing outside rocking her. I was able to see Mary and Leah walk across the stage, though, which was the important part. We all ate lunch at Pigskin after graduation and then headed back to apartments/hotels/cabins for naps before attending a graduation cookout with Mary and Leah's friends. Once it was time for Libby to head to bed, my grandparents loaded her up in the car and took her back to the cabin with them so that Tom and I could go out again with everyone. We had a fun night, which was capped off by Tom's decision to tackle the Big Mamma's Burritos challenge of eating a 3 1/2 pound burrito in 30 minutes. Amazingly (or not so amazingly, depending on how well you know Tom's eating habits), he finished it with time to spare and will soon be the proud owner of a Big Mamma's t-shirt to show off his accomplishment.
My parents and grandparents reported that Libby went to sleep super easily both nights and didn't make a peep after she was down until the next morning. We feel very lucky that she is such a good sleeper and that our parents/grandparents are so willing to pitch in with her, because it allowed us to enjoy a couple nights out re-living our college days.
Visiting Athens is always bittersweet--we always have a great time, but it makes us a little bummed that that chapter of our life is over. We're definitely keeping our fingers crossed that Libby will choose to attend OU so that we can look forward to Mom's/Dad's Weekends in the future!
Hope you don't mind me browsing your blog, but since you left that comment about the broken bottles of scotch I had to come check it out. First, your baby girl is ADORABLE :) Second, I know what you mean about bittersweet - I'm always a little sad when I visit OU, I miss it. Congrats to your sister!
ReplyDelete