Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend Update

I didn't give any update after the last doctor's appointment as I had promised, but in all truthfulness, it wasn't very exciting. We just met with one of the nurses who gave us tons of information, handouts, books, etc. to look over and took our medical histories. I always do such a great job on the medical history until I leave the doctor's office and then I remember the genetic link we apparently have in the Panaggio family for the non-genetic MS. I will inform the doctor on our next visit that we Panaggio's are genetic anomalies. We have another visit tomorrow, and that should be the last one for another month or so. I'm feeling okay lately--lots of nausea/all day sickness today, which is strange because I haven't felt this bad in a couple weeks. Only 2 more weeks and I will be into the second trimester and I am hoping that my morning/all day sickess disappears then!

This weekend, we went to an end of school year party with my former co-workers from CMS on Friday night. It was good to see everyone and catch up. Then, on Saturday, Tom had his friend Matt over while I did some things around the house. They watched the World Cup game and then Tom and I headed across the street for a block party in our neighborhood. There were only about 4 families or so there, but it was nice to finally meet the people who live in the cul-de-sac across from us. They all seem really nice and they loved that we brought our cornhole boards over for them to use! Some of them work weird hours/second shift hours, so they creepily knew a lot about us...that we were both teachers, that we were from Ohio and that one of our dads was in the landscaping business. Apparently we need to get a telescope or something so we can keep up with their lives they way they do with ours. Later that night, we met up with Matt and Shannon to play mini golf and had a great time. Then, Tom and I went back home, where the neighbors were still outside, so we joined them for a while longer. We went inside right as they were setting off the fireworks and we were in our pajamas by the time the cops came :)

On Sunday, it was super hot outside, so we (along with everybody else in the greater Charlotte area) went to the mall for something to do in the air conditioning. I needed to get some clothes that actually fit me, because I'm getting tired of looping hair bands through the buttonholes of my pants to keep them closed.

Tom has an interview for a high school position on Thursday and met with the AD of another school on Monday, so say prayers that something comes through!! His work with my cousin Rob's company, United Social Sports, is going well and he has secured a bar and booked a date for the kickoff event for the Charlotte chapter of the organization. Check out the website at www.unitedsocialsports.com and see the info about the new Charlotte location!

No comments:

Post a Comment