Well, I worked super hard on this new layout last week and even was willing to sacrifice some quality lesson-planning time to make my blog more beautiful and I was really hoping for some "props" from the parental/grand-parental department. What a letdown, guys. :)
Its been a pretty boring week here. Tom started officiating basketball pretty much every other day/night and I feel like I haven't seen him all week. Today, I told him that he needs to cool it a little because if I had to choose one, I would choose a healthy marriage over a healthy bank account, and I'm starting to feel like I married a traveling salesman. There's a reason I picked a teacher. And no, its not the giant paycheck. Its all the quality time you get to spend with your significant other when they're not on business trips and have their evenings/summers/Christmases/spring breaks off! His dad will be a little bummed, I think, when Tom doesn't dedicate himself to officiating quite like he has over the years. I think since Tom declined to take the landscaping career route, his dad sees officiating as the next best thing as far as having his son follow in his footsteps :) Speaking of which, good ol' Gordy left Cleveland at 4 am this morning and drove down here to stay for one night so he could watch Tom officiate a game. I guess watching your kid's extracurricular activities never gets old. (I am reminded of all the times Nana and Grandad would go watch my Dad play men's league soccer...)
So...in light of my new rec-league-basketball-widow status, I ordered myself Chinese food tonight and planned to do some report cards, but that's not going so well. On to Plan B, which is some good wine (thanks, Dad!) and a Lifetime movie. Sometimes, the single life isn't all that bad.
I posted a comment on your last blog, but I must have made a mistake because it doesn't show up. So, I'll try again! I love your new layout!! It is definately you. I still wonder where you got your sense of style from; it can't be from me! Dad and I loved our visit to Charlotte. Wish we could see each other more often :( I love and miss you!
ReplyDelete