Monday, September 26, 2016

BHG: Months 1-3

Height/Weight:  about 12 1/2 pounds at 2 months (roughly 40th %tile for weight and 95th %tile for height)

Diapers and Clothes: Phasing into 3-6 month clothes right now at 3 months. 0-3 months still would probably fit weight-wise, but they're all getting short on you! I don't even know what size diapers we're using right now. Its either 1 or 2, but Daddy orders them on Amazon and I don't even pay attention to which box is open right now.


Health: So far so good. You're a spitter-upper (I seriously didn't even realize that some kids didn't spit up until like a month ago...) but the puking doesn't seem to bother you so we just wash a whole lotta bibs and burp cloths around here. You had a little bit of a cold from your sisters around 8 weeks old but you handled it like a champ.

Sleep: Again, so far so good. We're starting to fall into a bit of a routine with you, which is nice. We can usually count on you being ready for a nap about 45 minutes to an hour after eating. As long as you're swaddled and have a paci, you'll go right down for a nap in your crib with no fussing, and you take about 4 naps a day. Bedtime is easy-peasy too. Sleeping through the night is okay. At first, you ate every 2-3 hours around the clock. Then, you started giving me one good five to six hour stretch each night. The only problem is that that stretch is usually about 7 pm-midnight, so I'm still waking with you 2 (and sometimes 3!) times before I'm really ready to get up for the day. You eat and go right back to sleep though, so I've gotten pretty good at feeding you while still half asleep myself.

Eating:  You're eating every 2 1/2-3 hours during the day. No issues here. The puking is a bit of an annoyance, but if that's our biggest problem, I'll take it.

Baby Gear Love:  Moby wrap, the stroller/carseat combo that I didn't think I would need but that makes getting in and out of places while managing two other kids a breeze, SwaddleMe blankets--the girls never liked being swaddled but you're obsessed

Likes: Snuggling Mama, watching your big sisters, looking at the toys on your bouncy seat, eating, napping, having us talk to you

Dislikes: Having your nails cut, wiggling your way out of a swaddle, being in the car seat, having the sun in your eyes

Milestones: You're smiling at us and just this week starting to giggle a little bit, sleeping one good long stretch in the night, tracking a toy with your eyes and cooing

Other Stuff to Remember: If every baby was as easy as you are, I would have like ten more. The word that best describes you is definitely "chill." We always call you the "MVP," because, compared to your sisters these days, you really do make it pretty easy for us. I always tell people that it really seems like you were born, looked around, and decided that it seemed like we had our hands pretty full already, so you would just hang back and keep a low profile. I love the quiet moments when its just you and me and I can rock and snuggle and talk to you. You definitely recognize my voice and it makes my heart smile to see you turning your head or straining to find me to when you hear me talking. Your sisters adore you and love to make you smile. Juliet is always concerned about where you are and what you're doing (although she can be a little rough with you at times) while Libby is a huge helper and has perfected her "baby-talk" -- you just light up when she talks to you. You are such a sweet little boy and we are so happy you are ours!







No comments:

Post a Comment