Height/Weight: 20 1/2 lbs. 28-ish inches
Diapers and Clothes: Size 3 diapers (moving to Size 4 as soon as we run out of 3's), 12 month clothes
Health: I jinxed you in my last monthly update--you got your first ear infection last week! Other than that and some teething, nothing really noteworthy here.
Sleep: 6:45 p.m. until 7 a.m. most days. Some days, you'll wake earlier, I'll feed you and then you'll sleep again until 8. Most days, you nap from roughly about 9:00-11:00 a.m. and then again from 1:30-3:30 p.m. I don't know if its your personality or our lifestyle nowadays, but you're less of a schedule oriented kid than Libby was. You get really super irritable when you're third, but its not always super predictable when you're going to wake/sleep/eat.
Eating: You still love food. When I asked Daddy what kind of theme we should have for your first birthday party, he said, "Food." At a playdate yesterday, the other moms watched in awe as you first screamed and kicked and lunged upon seeing muffins on the counter, and then proceeded to eat two fruit cups, a bag of crackers, a yogurt and THREE of the muffins. Seriously, as soon as you see food, you freak out, so we can't eat around you (or even really walk into the kitchen) unless we are prepared to feed you. You've gotten a little bit pickier this month, and I don't know if its teething related or not, but you love fruit and would eat blackberries, raspberries and mandarin oranges all day every day if you could. You also love crackers (Goldfish and regular wheat ones). You nurse 2 or sometimes 3 times a day.
Baby Gear Love: Straw cups. You still won't lift a sippy for the life of you, so straw cups are a must. Pacis (although, dear God, if I have to walk into your room one more time to retrieve a tossed paci for you, I will scream), the Ergo (shopping is one trillion times easier if you're in that), buckles on strollers and grocery carts (Libby never once tried to escape so I never ever buckled her in. You are the freaking Houdini of babies and have had one too many close encounters with wriggling out of strollers, carts and changing tables).
Likes: Standing and getting into all things non-baby-friendly (the dogs' water bowl, Libby's small choking hazard toys, the toilet, the sponge I use to clean the toilet, the cleaning products under the sink, the dishwasher, our family photo books, the Roku, kitchen cabinets and drawers, our glass coasters...you get the picture). Distant second places go to your blankie, your paci, Elmo things, Sandra Boynton books, the book "Dog," waving to people, playing peek-a-boo and attempting to take the phone and yell into it while I'm making a call.
Dislikes: Getting in the car seat, seeing food that you can't have, being told "No," having your diaper changed, getting dressed, having your nails clipped, being strapped into anything ever at any point in time.
Milestones: What a month this was! Your physical therapist is so, so impressed with you because in less than a month's time, you learned how to crawl up on all fours (we learned that the official term for that is "creep"), pull up on things that I didn't even know it was possible to pull up on and cruise a bit on furniture! You can bend to pick up an object while standing and holding onto furniture and you can be holding onto the couch, turn and switch to hold onto the coffee table. You have totally caught up in terms of gross motor development and we are confident you'll be walking with no problem in no time at all. Speech development has been a bit more slow-going, but you're making progress! We think you can say "Moo" and maybe "Bauer." A couple times we have heard what could be "Dada" and "dog" but I'm not sure yet. You signed "all done" for the first time the other day. You have four teeth now with at least two more on the way. You can "give kisses" and "give love."
Other Stuff to Remember: Somewhere in the last month or so, you've gone from our sweet little Juliet to a crazy almost-toddler who we struggle to keep up with on a daily basis! You are into EVERYTHING (way more than your sister ever was). One day, I found that you had pulled up onto the toilet and were splashing contentedly in the water. (Yay for adequate supervision on my part!) You get really mad if we won't let you have something and you throw yourself backwards and scream if we tell you "no." You get so excited when we get you out of the car and are walking into a store or something. You start kicking your legs and bouncing and panting with excitement. You're starting to show the first glimpses of a developing sense of humor--you learned how to fake laugh this month and sometimes when we ask you "Is that funny?," you'll respond with a throaty "Ha-ha-ha-ha!" You'll also sometimes spend the majority of a nursing session trying to stick your fingers in my mouth and then laughing at yourself and doing it again and again when you realize that I think its funny. You are so gosh-darn cute--people always comment on your big eyes and long lashes and I cannot get enough of your chubby little baby cheeks and sweet little smile. I am soaking up every bit of this last month with you as an official "infant." I cannot believe how quickly these eleven months have flown by!
Disclaimer: The pictures this month leave much to be desired. Juliet was in an awful mood when I was trying to take them, it was evening so the lighting was bad, and I just didn't have the motivation to re-do them.


No comments:
Post a Comment