Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Life with Two as of Late

This post is going to have to be heavy on the photos, light on the words, since I'm limited to typing mostly one handed these days. I'm limited to doing most everything one handed because our sweet little Juliet has decided that she loves nothing more than to be held. All day. Every day.

Being a mom to two girls is fantastic in so many ways. It is also currently exhausting. We're in that difficult in-between stage where the "help" is gone and I'm expected to actually pull my weight around here (the "recovering from childbirth" excuse only works for so long) but I haven't quite settled into a routine or figured out to juggle everything yet. The biggest challenge for me is that I always feel as though something (or someone) isn't getting the attention it needs--the bathroom isn't clean, dinner isn't started, Juliet's diaper hasn't been changed, Libby is asking for help with something. It sounds cliche but I really feel like there isn't enough of me to go around. I'm sure we will settle into a routine soon enough but it's definitely been a challenge these past couple of weeks.

As as the case with most of my life these days, you may notice some serious lack of organization around here. I may get my act together eventually, but it may also be chronic chaos on the blog from now on. Either way, you've been warned.

Tom's dad spent a few days working on our yard for us and Libby decided to help one of those days. Tom even overheard her correcting his dad's raking technique at one point.



As a "Welcome to the Family" gift, Libby picked out a duck lovey, made by the same company that makes her beloved Bunny. Libby always makes sure Juliet has her ducky with her!

Have no fear, there's nothing wrong with our water. We bribe Libby to bathe by using "bath fizzies" that change the color of the water. This was the girls' first bath together.


Libby asks to hold Juliet now and then but it usually only lasts a minute or so before Libby begins pushing Juliet away claiming, "She's fussy."

We knew the girls looked alike but this picture really proves it. Can you tell who's who?

It looks like Juliet will have curls like her sister!

Can you spot Bunny? After pulling in the driveway after an afternoon at the park, Libby told me she couldn't find Bunny and suggested he might have "fallen out the window." By "fallen," she meant "thrown." After driving back through town, I finally rescued Bunny from the middle of the road by the railroad tracks.

Love these two!












No comments:

Post a Comment