In my blogging absence, big things have happened for us. We found a home! It was a long and exhausting search, but we finally found a rental that suits our needs. Its tiny--tinier than our house in Charlotte for sure (and for those of who you visited us there, you know we weren't living in any kind of a mansion there). But its a townhouse, so its low maintenance, the price was fantastic in comparison to everything else we looked at and (drumroll, please...) its super close to my parents! After living under the same roof as them for seven months, I got kind of used to hanging out with them, so the ability to swing by in the evenings when Tom is working late or stop by for dinner when I don't feel like cooking (which is approximately 97% of the time) is super appealing.
Tom is happy because he has a basement man cave (complete with office workspace for working from home occasionally), the dogs are happy because there is a fenced patio for them to hang out on and Libby is proud as a peacock to show anyone and everyone her "pretty room."
I'm working on taking down the hideous 80's inspired kitchen wallpaper (rental or not, there are some things I just can't live with) and the place is starting to feel like a place we can be glad to call home for a while!

No comments:
Post a Comment