Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trunk or Treat!

Rewind two weeks and we'll start the updates there...

Our weekend started with a family bike ride through the neighborhood. On our way back to the house, I spotted an old chair out with someone's trash. Since Tom's dad recently installed a wrought iron section of fence near our front door, I've been wanting something to replace one of our stone planters. As I passed the abandoned chair, I had a vision, and after a little scraping, a little painting, and a little sanding, I'm pretty pleased with the result.

Before

After

Later that day, Tom and I went to meet up with my childhood friend Matt, who was in town tailgating for the NASCAR race. Tom was a little bummed that he wasn't able to go to the race, but it was great seeing Matt and getting to at least enjoy the pre-race festivities.


We had a quiet week until my parents arrived on Saturday. They had been invited to attend a Panthers/Redskins game with my dad's former college roommate, so they stayed with us for the weekend. On Saturday, we had my big Trunk or Treat event for the moms' group I'm a part of. As the new "Events Manager," I was responsible for overseeing the planning of the event and its the biggest event of the year--we had over 300 guests! It was exhausting but everything went really well and I'm glad I pulled it off! For anyone who isn't familiar with Trunk or Treat, its like trick or treating, but kids go from car to car in a parking lot instead of house to house. We took Libby to a few cars to get some treats and she loved that Mommy let her have a lollipop! It was great having my parents there to pitch in--they helped with set up, clean up and most importantly, helped with Libby since I was running around like crazy fulfilling my "Events Manager" duties and Tom was stuck flying solo.

Libby the Love Bug!

Libby and Emsley

Libby and I (far left) with some of the other babies her age in our moms' group

This week is the last week of regular season football for Tom, but they will play at least one playoff game. Hopefully they do well, but I must admit that I am relieved that the end is in sight! Tom came home early today because I had a doctor's appointment and it was wonderful having him here to help earlier--I can't wait until that becomes the "norm" for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment