Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thank You, Mom(s) and Dad(s)!

We are so lucky to have such wonderful parents for ourselves and amazing grandparents for Libby. Today marks Libby's original due date, but we will officially have had her here for a day short of 2 whole weeks! Its hard to believe. We have been home with her for eleven days now and I'm not sure we could have survived without the help of both Tom's parents and my parents. They were both invaluable during these first days at home with our daughter and we are super grateful to them for all of their help.

Tom's parents stayed with us until New Year's Day, and then Mike and Renee came to visit on New Year's. The next day, my mom arrived for a week-long stay. Mom took me to an appointment I had early in the week and drove Libby and I to Libby's pediatrician appointment last week, since I couldn't drive or lift Libby in her carseat. Libby weighed in at 7 pounds 3 ounces at the doctor's office, which is great, since they like babies to be back to birth weight by 14 days old. Mom went to the grocery store for us, cleaned, made dinner for us every night and even ordered chicken wings for Tom to eat during the OSU bowl game :) By the end of the week, we had worked out a nice little afternoon routine for ourselves (lunch while watching HGTV, followed by some baby-holding, followed by a cup of tea while watching Oprah). Ironically, that's the stuff I think I will actually miss the most now that she's gone. She was wonderful company and kept me sane during some of the more trying moments of early motherhood.

My dad arrived on Friday afternoon and stayed the weekend with us as well. Its always nice to have them both here--I forget how much they make me laugh sometimes :)

Saying goodbye was tough, but its comforting to know that both my parents and Tom's parents are willing and able to do what it takes to keep as close as we can while living so far apart. Tom's parents are already planning another trip down, and my parents are looking forward to lots of Skype dates before our next visit. Libby is a lucky little girl to have so many people that love her!

1 comment:

  1. I loved every minute of this past week! Spending time with you and Libby was such a joy for me. You guys are doing a great job - Libby is lucky to have you and Tom as parents!!

    ReplyDelete