Its been a while! Last time I wrote, it was Halloween weekend, but not much has happened since then, truthfully. We are still fostering Dallas (anyone need a new dog?!) but hopefully she will get adopted in the next couple weeks here! I am getting super attached to her. She and Bauer get along really well, so I think he will miss her when she's gone. Two weekends ago, Tom's Jimmy finally died. It was a '00 with 145k miles on it, so it was about time. We had no choice but to buy a new car, so we ended up getting a 2006 (I think?) Mazda 3, which is exactly what Tom wanted, so he's pretty happy. Its making me wish that my car would have been the one to die, though, because I want a nice car too now! Instead, I just got a couple new fall tops from Banana Republic. That'll do, I guess. We also bought a fire pit (a relatively cheap one) for the back patio. Tom tried to make a fire Friday night, and it was a valiant effort that lasted all of about 30 minutes before dying out. I didn't mention that I was sure glad I brought a blanket out with me because I thought that might hurt his ego. Also, we had Tom's offensive linemen over for a spaghetti dinner a few weeks ago. I went all out and made Nana's spaghetti sauce and meatballs and it turned out quite delicious! It didn't taste exactly like Nana's, but it was pretty darn close, and those boys ate it all up, so it must have been pretty good. Tom's team won their last game in a very close nail-biter where they literally scored their last touchdown in the final second. It was a great game, but I'm glad the season is over, seeing as the nights are getting much cooler and not nearly as enjoyable to sit outside in!
This weekend, we are headed to Raleigh for an early Thanksgiving celebration with Tom's family. It should be nice, and hopefully we will get to see Mike and Renee too!
No comments:
Post a Comment